The National Consumer Law Center (NCLC) explains how bankruptcy can help you and when it may be the wrong solution for you.
This article, part of a series, provides an excellent overview of the difference between chapter 7 and 13 bankruptcies, lets you know the best time to file for bankruptcy, and sets out what a bankruptcy will cost. Importantly, the article corrects common misconceptions about bankruptcy.
- What bankruptcy can and cannot do
- The difference between chapter 7 and chapter 13 bankruptcy
- How a bankruptcy can help you
- When is the best time to file for bankruptcy
- The costs of bankruptcy
- When bankruptcy is not the best option
While you should consider other options first, do not wait until the last minute to think about bankruptcy. Important rights may be lost by delay. Contact Cossitt Law and get on the road to resolving your financial problems today!
* Read more at the NCLC website: https://library.nclc.org/deciding-whether-file-bankruptcy-consumer-debt-advice-nclc
The National Consumer Law Center (NCLC) is a wealth of information for consumers facing a large amount of debt. They recently published a series of articles that provide advice for families in financial difficulty. Articles include such topics as debt collection harassment, medical debt, credit reporting, reverse mortgages, foreclosures and loan modifications, car repossessions, and wage and bank account garnishment.